Keep the Noise Down and the Joy Up This Holiday Season
Posted By kdaigle on November 13, 2023
The holidays are right around the corner and with more friends and family visiting this time of year we think it’s a great time to remind residents about how to keep noise at a neighborly level throughout the year.
We know that everyone loves to celebrate with friends and family, and we want you to have fun! But it’s also important to be mindful of your neighbors, especially during the late night and early morning hours.
Here are a few reminders about Arterra rules pertaining to reducing noise:
- Keep the volume of all noise at a reasonable level at all times and reduce noise significantly after 10 P.M. and before 8:00 A.M.
- If you are having a gathering, turn the music way down at 10P.M. and ask your guests to reduce voice levels and avoid shouting.
- Close windows and doors when possible to contain noise in your residence.
- Cover 65% of all hard surface floors with padded area rugs to reduce noise transfer to surrounding units, especially in high traffic areas such as living rooms, hallways, and kitchens.
- Avoid using noisy appliances at night.
By following these simple rules, we can all help to create a more peaceful and enjoyable environment for everyone.